Putin and Medvedev singing

John Dunn J.Dunn at SLAVONIC.ARTS.GLA.AC.UK
Tue Jan 5 14:04:56 UTC 2010

In the interests of peace and international friendship (or not, as the case may be) I ought to point out that P & M were not the only world leaders to appear in the New year edition of Mul't lichnosti.  A fuller version of the programme can be seen (in two instalments) at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acX5s7ekRo0&NR=1
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGAPJ8eQ4Yo&NR=1

The section with Berlusconi was shown last night on Italian television, and I would imagine that some of the warmth may have now been taken out of the friendship between the Russian and Italian Prime Ministers (well, one can always hope).

John Dunn.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sasha Senderovich <sasha.senderovich at GMAIL.COM>
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 11:43:34 -0500
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Putin and Medvedev singing

Hello all,

If anyone thought that the recently-discussed episode of Putin and Medvedev
singing in a cartoon on Russia's Channel One somehow signaled a rare
appearance of political satire, Viktor Shenderovich (no relation) offers his
biting (as usual) remarks to set the record straight. Here is the link:

http://ej.ru/?a=note&id=9781

Best, Sasha Senderovich

John Dunn
Honorary Research Fellow, SMLC (Slavonic Studies)
University of Glasgow, Scotland

Address:
Via Carolina Coronedi Berti 6
40137 Bologna