part-time teaching opportunity

Benjamin Rifkin rifkin at TCNJ.EDU
Fri Jan 22 03:19:04 UTC 2010

Dear SEELANGers:

>From time to time the School of Education at the College of New Jersey (in Ewing, NJ) offers a course in second language acquisition taught in the evening to learners who are full-time teachers. Here is the course description:

An overview of some of the major themes and issues in second language acquisition and how this impacts learning in an academic setting. Consideration will be given to topics such as research methodology, the role of the native language, morpheme acquisition orders, differential success, the linguistic environment, theories of second language acquisition, etc.

If you would be interested in an occasional teaching opportunity, have the legal right to work in the US, and availability for one or two nights a week to teach such a course, please send me your statement of interest and curriculum vitae and I will pass this on to the Dean of the School of Education at TCNJ.

Please note that this is a part-time position available one semester every two or three, most definitely not a tenure-stream position.

Sincerely,

Ben Rifkin
Dean of the School of Culture & Society
The College of New Jersey