National Russian Week - the date?

Svetlana Malykhina mlsvetka at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jan 28 11:45:03 UTC 2010

There is not much time for discusison and preparation -- this year Maslenitsa starts on February 8th.

--- On Wed, 27/1/10, Edward M Dumanis <dumanis at BUFFALO.EDU> wrote:

From: Edward M Dumanis <dumanis at BUFFALO.EDU>
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] National Russian Week - the date?
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Date: Wednesday, 27 January, 2010, 22:59

I want to add another downside:
Maslennitsa is appropriate only if you identify Russian with the Russian
Orthodox Church, which occupies only one of the segments (though it is a
major one there) in the religious sector of Russian culture.
I personally know many Russian families who never carried this tradition
either being related to different religious traditions or rejecting them
all together.

Sincerely,

Edward Dumanis <dumanis at buffalo.edu>