Must-see in Moscow?

anne marie devlin anne_mariedevlin at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 11 12:51:46 UTC 2010

Hi Devin,

I agree with most of the suggestions made by the others.  However, be very careful with personal belongings on the Arbat.  It's a great place in the evenings, full of street performers and souvenir stalls.  Make sure you go to Stary Arbat and not Novy.

The boat trip should also not be missed, but make sure to get return tickets - near Kievskii Vokzal is a good place to start the trip - as the final stop is in the middle of nowhere.  i recommend getting off at Park Kultury on the way back and spending some time exploring the communist era playground.  Finish the evening with a meal in the Georgian restaurant Mama Zoya's.  It used to be in a boat just outside the park.

VVts is also great.  For a bit of communist nostalgia, you right to the back of the park.  There are oldstyle fizzy water machines.  If they speak Russian, I strongly recommend the History of Moscow museum.  It's a small place in Lyubianskaya Square just opposite the polytechnic museumNice places for a walk or soaking up atmosphere are patriarchs pond and chistyi prudy.  You might be able to go rowing on the lakes.  Or while away a few hours sitting near the horse fountains outside the manezh shopping centre.  There's a great view of Alexander gardens.  It's a fabulous, vibrant city and shouldn't be missed

Anne marie