Studying/informal translation with a chronic illness

anne marie devlin anne_mariedevlin at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 15 17:17:54 UTC 2010

Stephanie,

don't forget that 'human' translators are also prone to error.  Court interpreting is a hugely controversial area here in Ireland.  Russian interpreters were recently thrown out of court for not being able to translate 'ambiguous'.  Google would have been very useful in those circumstances!  On a less serious note, I once attributed the adjective skromnyi to the composer Mussogorskii as I didn't know Modest was his first name.  With the online translators, I find it fun to translate back as you rarely get the original.

Anne Marie