"Lenin lives" (was Mr. Mayakovsky too died in the gulag)

Daniel Rancour-Laferriere darancourlaferriere at COMCAST.NET
Wed Mar 3 00:58:57 UTC 2010

Dear Will and Bob,
This is indeed a close fit.  But let's look a little closer.
Revelation 1:8 speaks of "the Lord God, who is and who was and who is
to come, the Almighty."  This too has a tripartite structure (so
common in folklore, as you note, Will).  The time sequence is a little
different, however.  And Rob, some questions from this Gentile: what
exactly is "Adon olam?"  Does it contain material from the Tanakh?  Is
it early midrash?  Something from the Talmud (and which Talmud)?  Was
it already in existence and was it known to Jewish soratniki during
the time period in question?

My sense is that both Ecclesia and Synagoga were involved by default,
but with no supersessionism, at least at the beginning.

With regards to the list -

Daniel Rancour-Laferriere