Сочи

Margarita Orlova margarita.orlova at GMAIL.COM
Sun May 9 01:47:53 UTC 2010

Both usages are acceptable, i personally feel more comfortable with
Мне нравятся Сочи (N-V agreement, the name is considered Plural).
However Сочи - красивы (N-short A agreement) is a doubtful usage; Сочи
красив (meaning "город") sounds much better, in my "native speaker's"
opinion.

But the name never can be considered declinable, anyway. Except in jokes.

So, to be Plural and to be declinable are two different issues for
Russian toponymy.

Margarita Orlova