another phrase

anne marie devlin anne_mariedevlin at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri May 21 19:50:44 UTC 2010

Maybe because the term 'falcon' doesn't have the same implicature in English in that the birds symbolise different meanings in each language.  I came across another interesting translation re: birds.  It was a documentary about Yuri Gargarin.  The teacher addressed the class of would-be astronauts with the phrase, 'Prevet, sovyolochki'.  It was transalated as 'Hi, eagles'.  I'm not fully aware of the implicature of nightingales and would welcome any comment.