SEELANGS Digest - 19 May 2010 to 20 May 2010 (#2010-178)

Mon May 24 18:44:52 UTC 2010

Vadim Besprozvanny wrote:

> Absence of "good translators = translations" lays in the nature of
> the job, not in someone's personal qualities: that's clear. Is not
> applicable to the people but rather (as you pointed it out) to the
> nature of their field.
>
> Otherwise I do not see anything in your remark that would require an
> answer: 1) the tone and vocabulary is aggressive and abusive; 2)it
> does not contain any arguments or points to be discussed thus
> completely matching 1).

Well, I suppose if you say that an entire field contains no one who is
good and cannot by definition contain anyone who is good, some will take
offense. You must have expected that.

I would note that I toned my remarks down considerably in this polite
public forum from what I would have liked to say to you on the street.
The other subscribers don't need to read that.

I will have nothing further to say on the subject.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com