Study Russian outside Russia

Irina Kraskovskaya irinakraskovskaya at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 20 21:46:07 UTC 2010

Dear Otto,

Minsk is also a very good suggestion :-)

To my mind it’s a right place for foreign students to study Russian.

It is nice located (within 700 km are the capitals such as Moscow, Kiev,
Warsaw, Vilnius, Riga)

As a capital it’s a big city with good infrastructure and many educational
and cultural activities, from other side Minsk is a safe, green (in late
spring and summer) and very clean place.

Most people speak Russian, as Russian is one of the state languages here;
the Russian language courses comparatively are not too expensive as well as
accommodation.

Working with foreign students 6 years I’ve never heard about any
discrimination but everything is possible everywhere.

Among weak points:

Be ready to face rather cold winters, complicated visa and registration
issues and not really cheap living (as some foreigners may have a
stereotype)

You can also look here to have an idea about the course prices:
http://www.bseu.by/english/ruslancourse.htm

My best regards,

Irina