PDF editing

Wed Sep 1 14:58:56 UTC 2010

William Ryan wrote:

> A belated offering. The current version of WordPerfect (X4) has a
> built-in facility to open PDF and scanned files. You just open them
> like any other file and edit them, or save them as .doc files if you
> prefer working in MSWord. You can then save them again as PDFs if you
> wish. I haven't used this for any serious work but have checked
> successfully with a few samples. I don't know if all PDFs and scans
> will work - PDFs vary.

Chances are it depends on how the PDF was constructed. If we're talking
about a PDF that was created from an editable file such as a Word file,
many applications can select and manipulate the text. But if it's simply
a series of page images (as we are here), that's a horse of a different
color.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com