Elementary Russian Textbook? Help!

Christopher Pike christopher.alan.pike at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 22 20:48:58 UTC 2010

Dear Professor Krafcik,

We used Golosa book 1 and 2 at the University of Oregon.  There is an online
component with audio and video.  Although I often felt that some of the
material was too advanced for beginning students, the Golosa program does a
good job of preparing students for the variation and unpredictable nature of
native speech.  The videos, for example, were often too difficult.  We got
around that by assigning the more difficult sections of earlier chapters
only after the students had advanced further along in the textbook.

Best of luck!

Chris Pike
graduate student
Northwestern University