20th Century Russian Works about the Caucasus

Emily Saunders emilka at MAC.COM
Mon Sep 27 20:47:12 UTC 2010

Not fitting the bill in terms of Soviet Writers, but perhaps fitting
the bill in terms of time frame:

British author (and adventurer/diplomat) Fitzroy Maclean's 20th
century travelogue "To Caucasus, the End of the Earth" makes
interesting reading for its time (the 60's, I think).

Also "Home, and Home Again" by emigre Georgian writers George and
Helen Papashvily -- a combination childhood memoir and an account of
their return to visit family during Soviet times.

Emily