2012 AATSEEL Conference Call for Proposals: Apr. 30 First Proposal Deadline

Alexander Burry alexander.burry at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 10 14:45:36 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues,

The 2012 Annual Meeting of the American Association of Teachers of Slavic and East
European Languages (AATSEEL) will be held in Seattle, Washington, Jan. 5-8, 2012. The
first deadline for submission of proposals has been extended to Apr. 30, 2011. The second
and final deadline for submission of proposals is July 1, 2011. For information about this
meeting and details about submission procedures, please see the Call for Papers at:
http://www.aatseel.org/cfp_main

The Program Committee invites scholars in our area to submit panel or individual
proposals that can be posted on the AATSEEL website. Last year, we added an option to
submit fully-formed panel proposals with a single-paragraph description. Descriptions of
individual papers for such panels do not need to be submitted until after the panel is
accepted. At that point, they will be due Sept. 30, 2011. The Program Committee will find
appropriate panel placements for all accepted individual proposals. We also encourage
proposals for other sessions, such as roundtables, forums, poster presentations, and
workshops.

To submit a proposal, you must be an AATSEEL member in good standing for 2011-12, or
request a waiver of membership from the Chair of the Program Committee
(burry.7 at osu.edu). For information on AATSEEL membership, details on conference
participation, and guidelines for preparing proposals, please follow the links from
AATSEEL's homepage:

Proposals must be submitted at: http://www.aatseel.org/cfp_menu
Please contact Dianna Murphy (diannamurphy at wisc.edu) or Alexander Burry
(burry.7 at osu.edu) if you experience any difficulties or have questions about the online
submission system.

Please share this information with other colleagues in the field who may not be AATSEEL
members.

Best wishes,

Alexander Burry
Chair, AATSEEL Program Committee
Alexander Burry
Associate Professor, Slavic and East European Languages and Literatures
The Ohio State University
400 Hagerty Hall
1775 College Road
Columbus OH 43210