Unpaid translation work

Cori Weiner ctweiner at BU.EDU
Sat Aug 27 22:55:36 UTC 2011

I have forwarded your concerns to Abby Giles, and hopefully she will get back to you next week as to the details of the budget and why this decision was made.

Incidentally, I also immediately realized that the quality of the work would not be high enough and recommended a translation editor.  (I know a paid translator from the State Dept has been aiding in the testing and selection process).  Of course, your concerns dig much deeper, and the consequences of offering such work are indeed far-reaching.  In short, I would be interested as well in finding out the reasoning behind this decision.

Cori Weiner

Cori Weiner
Center for English Language & Orientation Programs
Boston University
phone: 617-353-4870
fax: 617-353-6195
web: www.bu.edu/celop
CELOP is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program
Accreditation.  Accreditation by CEA signifies that an English language
program or institution has met nationally accepted standards of
excellence and assures students and their sponsors that the English
language instruction and related services will be of the highest
quality.