searching for an ASEEES panel on national identity, sports and/or new media]

Susan Corbesero SUSANC at PITT.EDU
Tue Jan 11 01:28:16 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues,

I am hoping to find an opening for a participant on an ASEEES panel (2011)
that features national identity, sports and/or new media. I would like to
propose a paper on the official promotion of Sochi 2014 and the New
Russia.  Specifically I am looking at the Russian bids to the IOC and
other promotional media (ads, brands, music, etc.) in which the official
campaign for the Winter Olympic Games trumpets not only the international
debut of the New (non-Soviet) Russia, but also an event that will catalyze
national regeneration.

If interested, please contact me off-list at susanc at pitt.edu.

Cheers,
Susan Corbesero

Dr. Susan Corbesero
Center Associate, Center for Russian and East European Studies
University of Pittsburgh
t: (412)478-3084