R: [SEELANGS] Homosexuality in the Soviet Union

Luciano Di Cocco luciano.dicocco at TIN.IT
Fri Jan 14 19:57:18 UTC 2011

I haven't read it myself, but I've been told that Любовь небесного цвета by
Игорь Семенович Кон can be an interesting introduction. Here
http://english.gay.ru/life/history/moonlightlove/SovietHomophobia.html there
is a short synthesis and here
http://english.gay.ru/life/history/moonlightlove/ some other very short
excerpts.
http://az.gay.ru/books/science/kon_nebo.html
http://az.gay.ru/authors/contemporary/kon.html

In general I find the site az.gay.ru (Russian) and english.gay.ru (English)
a good introduction to Russian gay culture.

Best,
Luciano Di Cocco