pereVEdeno?

Olga Meerson meersono at GEORGETOWN.EDU
Tue Mar 8 06:31:13 UTC 2011

Dear Hugh,
I think the paradigm gets unified: perevesti may then be
treated as peresmotret', so pereVEdeno, by analogy with
pereSMOTReno, or pereSNIAto, etc.  A native speaker of Russian,
I probably would not say {zasedanie pereNeseno" but I may say
"pereVEdeno," esp. if the actual modified noun is not specified
(like "the stuff-whatever--has been translated," but not likely
"proizvedenie *pereVEdeno na piat' iazykov"). Go figure. We may
can call it a paradigm unification, or a deterioration of
speech standards, depending on our personal philosophy, but
these things happen in all languages :) I would be interested
in what other native speakers would say--not merely because
some may have serious grounds to disagree with me but because
many of us say things in ways we don't even realize we do. :)