Subtitling software

Ruder, Cynthia A Cynthia.Ruder at UKY.EDU
Sun May 8 18:34:01 UTC 2011

Hello:

Does anyone out there know of any software products or tools that allow you to provide your own subtitles in Russian or English for films?  I recently heard about a product that allows instructors to enable their students to provide their own subtitles to films as an exercise in translation/interpretation.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Any/all comments appreciated, especially since I am only semi-literate  ;-)) in all this stuff.  Thanks in advance.

Cindy

Cynthia A. Ruder, Associate Professor
University of Kentucky
MCL/Russian & Eastern Studies