Still looking for one more paper for ASEES panel on Russian and national-language schools

Ian baiterek at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 11 05:21:42 UTC 2012

Still looking for one more paper for ASEES panel on Russian and national-language schools! E-mail me at ian.bateson at gmail.com if interested.  If you know anyone who might be interested it would be wonderful if you could forward them this e-mail.  So far Ukraine and Tatarstan are being focused on.
Best,
Ian
Original e-mail:Dear SEELANGers:I am looking to organize a panel on Russian and national-language schools in the Soviet Union.  My own research focuses on the experience in the Tatar ASSR in the 50s and 60s, but I believe a mixture of different regions and time periods (possibly including a paper of the post-Soviet situation) would not only be extremely interesting, but an excellent fit for this year's theme "sociolinguistic boundary, barrier and border crossings."  I am looking for panelists, a chair, and at least one discussant. I would encourage those interested to contact me as soon as possible off list at: ian.bateson at gmail.com.  Looking forward to your e-mail,Ian Bateson ____Ian Bateson, MAFree University of Berlin