KiKu 40

Birgit Beumers birgitbeumers at YAHOO.CO.UK
Fri Apr 26 06:24:57 UTC 2013

Issue 40 of KinoKultura is available online
http://www.kinokultura.com/2013/issue40.shtml

CONTENTS:
ARTICLES
Anna Nieman: “A Picnic on the Road to the Temple” (Aleksei Balabanov’s Me Too in context)
Festival Reports: Birgit Beumers: "Animated Suzdal" and "Belye Stolby, in Color and 3D"

REVIEWS
Aleksei Balabanov: Me Too by Irina Anisimova
Egor’ Baranov: The Nightingale-Robber by Erin Alpert
Nurbek Egen: The Empty Home by Elizabeth Papazian
Rezo Gigineishvili: Love with an Accent by Peter Rollberg
Sergei Kal’varskii: Martsefal’ by Kelly Trimble
Aleksei Mizgirev: The Convoy by Laura Todd
Vladimir Motyl’: Crimson Color of the Snowfall by Christine Engel
Eva Neiman: The House with a Turret by Denise Youngblood
Maria Saakyan: I’m Going to Change my Name by Joe Andrew
Avdot’ia Smirnova: Kokoko by Lena Doubivko
Vera Storozheva: My Boyfriend's an Angel by Arlene Forman
REVIEWS Shorts & Docs
Liubov’ Arkus: Anton’s Right Here (DOC) by Greg Dolgopolov
Andrei Griazev: Tomorrow (DOC) by Tim Harte
Taisiia Igumentseva: Road to… (short) by Anastasia Kayiatos
REVIEWS Central Asia
Timur Birnazarov: The Sponsor (KYR) by Gulbara Tolomushova
Zulfikar Musakov: Lead (UZB) by Alexander Prokhorov
Elizaveta Stishova: The Seagull (KYR, short) by Gulbara Tolomushova
Ermek Tursunov: Shal: The Old Man (KAZ) by Emily Schuckman Matthews

The editorial team hopes that you'll enjoy the issue!
Birgit Beumers, Editor