Russian Acts of Kindness

Alina Israeli aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU
Mon May 6 01:00:08 UTC 2013

Those were probably ten year old figures, because

The combined income of Reporters Without Borders and Reporters Without
Borders International in 2008 was €4,874,443 and expenditure
€5,003,261, making a deficit of €128,818. (http://en.rsf.org/income-and-expenditure-07-09-2009,34401
)

Now the comparison with CNN salaries makes no sense at all. It's like
saying, "How can you produce a decent film with a budget smaller than
Angelina Jolie's pay per picture?"

For example "Fargo" was made with a budget of $7 million, while Angie
gets $15 million per picture (or something like that).

On May 5, 2013, at 6:53 PM, Rylkova,Galina S wrote:

> I am not surprised that Russia was ranked 148th out of 179th. What
> is surprising that the organization with the annual reported budget
> of 4,000.000 British pounds (roughly the income of 4-5 CNN
> reporters) can be trusted to produce comprehensive and valid
> research in 200 countries.

Alina Israeli
Associate Professor of Russian
WLC, American University