Aeroflot has become customer-oriented?

Jules Levin ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET
Sun Nov 3 17:00:10 UTC 2013

On 11/3/2013 5:32 AM, LeBlanc, Ronald wrote:
> My tongue-in-cheek comment about passengers no longer applauding -- much like the point of the amusing NYT piece itself (about current efforts undertaken by Aeroflot to repair the poor reputation for customer service that it had acquired during the Soviet era as a state-operated carrier) -- was made to remind old timers (those of us who started studying and visiting Russia during the Brezhnev years) just how unimaginable it would have been back then to think that some day Aeroflot flight attendants would be receiving training on how to be friendly and courteous to their passengers.

Brezhnev shmezhnev...In 1961 on the Indiana University Russian Language
Study Tour we flew from Moscow to Rostov-na-Donu I think, in a converted
B29.   The terrain between those two points must be rough, because the
flight was up and down hill the whole way.  No food or candy, but that
was *good*.  Fortunately I hadn't eaten breakfast, so it was only dry
heaves.  No applause on landing, since in those dark ages no one knew
you could do it...
Jules Levin
Los Angeles