Analogs of Vysotsky

Jules Levin ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET
Sun Feb 9 23:23:23 UTC 2014

Everyone is looking for American equivalents...
Would someone explain to me why "Brezhnev responded to Vysotsky" is
saying something
good about Vysotsky?   It reminds me of those pins showing Nixon and
Elvis together.  I was there at the time (i.e., alive and conscious
then) and I never thought it was saying anything positive about either one.
By the way, apropo of nothing, Hitler liked dogs.

Jules Levin
Los Angeles (where I saw Vysotsky perform for immigrants at a hall in
the late 80's-early 90's.--he said, looks like half of Moscow is
here...someone called out "the better half"--ozhivlenie v zale.