MLA Subconference: Resisting Vulnerable Times (Jan 8-9, Chicago)

Colleen Lucey clucey at WISC.EDU
Sat Jan 4 05:18:24 UTC 2014

Dear SEELANGERs,

On behalf of the MLA Subconference Organizing Committee, I would like to announce an upcoming conference to be held next week in Chicago. The Subconference, "Resisting Vulnerable Times," will meet January 8-9 at Columbia College (Collins Hall, 624 S. Michigan, Chicago, IL). Please see http://mlasubconference.org/program/ for program details. All events are free and open to the public.

About the organizers (from http://mlasubconference.org/who-we-are/):
The organizing committee for the MLA Subconference is an independent and evolving group of graduate students in the humanities who are interested in creating a new kind of conference environment, in order to propose alternative professional, social, and political possibilities for ourselves and our peers. We see both the committee and the conference as an open, collective endeavor that will work collaboratively with and outside more formal academic networks. As such a collective, we are actively seeking new participants and committee members to assist with the inaugural conference in Chicago and/or those interested in becoming a part of the next iteration.

Sincerely,

Colleen Lucey
Ph.D. Candidate
Slavic Languages and Literature