Interrogative Indefinites in Siouan

Bruce Ingham bi1 at soas.ac.uk
Thu Oct 19 12:07:39 UTC 2000

Reply to Shannon West

I have just seen another example of tohanxci meaning 'ever' which
is ithokab tohan xci le iyechel owax'an heci 'have I ever acted like
this before' p. 79 in Buechel's Bible History.  Regards
Bruce
>         I have seen tohanhci for 'ever' as in tohanhci ekta yai he
>'have you ever been there?' and tokiyetu cha for 'anywhere' as in
>tokiyetu ca he wanlaka he 'have you seen him anywhere?', but they
>seem to be rarely used.

Where have you seen this?  I could really use some more data on this topic,
myself.

Shannon West

Department of Linguistics
University of Victoria