Yuecetu - Re: A great Polymath

David Kaufman dvklinguist2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 18:31:55 UTC 2006

> Hello to Dave also, Bună dimineața! Ce mai faceți? Mă bucur că vă văd : Încîntat să vă cunosc! Unde ați învățat romîneşte? Eu am învățat cîteva cuvinte şi expresii româneşte. Noroc! La revedere! >

  G’day Clive! Bine aţi venit la lista! Placere! Am învăţat Româneşte de sine. Adeverat, nu putesc vorbi româneşte foarte bine. Îmi place limba româna, dar putesc să vorbesc alte limbe latine mult mai bine.

  I'm impressed with your Lakota ability!  How did you get interested in Amerindian languages, particularly Siouan?  Ąkįxtispeye taneksąya ade.  That is, I'm working on Biloxi, but the problem is there's no one left to speak it with!  The other Amerindian language I'm currently involved with is Rumsien Ohlone (Penutian), also unfortunately extinct, helping to transcribe John P. Harrington's voluminous piles of notes on the language.

  La revedere!

  Dave

Clive Bloomfield <cbloom at ozemail.com.au> wrote:  Dear Robert, "G'day to you too, ole mate! :-)" - From the University
of Woolloomooloo (& hard knocks!) :D (see "Monty Python" sketch, late
'60's). If I knew how to say it in Quapaw,.... I would probably get
myself into another fine
mess!

Hello to Dave also, Bună
dimineața! Ce mai faceți? Mă bucur că vă văd : Încîntat să
vă cunosc! Unde ați învățat romîneşte? Eu am învățat cîteva
cuvinte şi expresii româneşte. Noroc! La revedere! Clive.