Not about The Amsterdam Manifest

Carol Padden cpadden at UCSD.EDU
Thu Aug 24 20:51:40 UTC 2000

Hello Irene, and hello everyone. I've just joined the SLLing list,
and I may have something to say about the Amsterdam Manifesto
at some point, but I need to read the archives first.

Irene -- have you seen a new volume edited by Betsy Winston on
sign language discourse? A student of mine, Jennifer Rayman has
a piece appearing in the volume, comparing how signers and speakers
"perform" in the two modalities to build a compelling story.

Reference:

Storytelling and conversation : discourse in deaf
communities /, Elizabeth Winston, editor. Washington,
D.C. : Gallaudet University Press, c1999. x, 227 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.

Carol Padden