major bookstore chain--uggh! CLOTE...interesting!!!

Linda Lee Lonning lonning at CSD.UWM.EDU
Wed Feb 23 23:22:17 UTC 2000

Thank you to everyone for sharing their stories about where their local
bookstores keep their sign language/Deaf culture books.  That strand of
replies gave me insights as to how far-reaching people in numerous
countries are making funky categorizations of
books on these topics!   (...putting sign language, Deaf culture, sign
"dictionaries" with books about medicine, braille, large print, in dark
corners that one sometimes would have to have a pretty good **roadmap** to
locate!)

I appreciate the "LOTE" and "CLOTE" acronyms and have it somewhere on my
"to do" list to submit those terms possibly to Barnes and Noble in my
region and/or possibly see how far up I could go with that.  We shall see.
I already passed on what I've learned from this discussion to several
colleaguges.  So far the LOTE and CLOTE terms are getting thumbs up here.
Thanks for the list's collective wisdom!  ;)

Linda Lonning, BS, CI & CT
(soooooon to be signing off at this address to hopefully sign on from
another address)
That terp in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area, USA