Help me identify this sign

Karlin, Ben MFKARLB at MAIL.DMH.STATE.MO.US
Fri Jan 7 19:01:00 UTC 2000

I have seen a sign used by an American Deaf person that I am unfamiliar
with.  I need to know if the sign is used ONLY by this person or
if it is in general use, just not by a community that I am
familiar with.

Here it is:

Sign is made one handed, just like the number 12 in ASL with the
first two fingers flipping up twice from behind the thumb.  But
the thumbnail is against the tip of the nose with the palm of the
hand facing into the face so the fingers flash up in front of the
eyes.  Hope this is a good enough explanation of the sign and No,
it is not BUG.

If you recognize the sign can you A: Tell me what it means? and
B: Tell me who uses it (like "My deaf grandmother from Iowa" or
"High schol kids in central CA" or "I haven't seen that in
years!")?  Or if you have never seen it and think it is invented,
that would also be useful for me to know.

Please reply to MFKARLB at mail.dmh.state.mo.us or to the list.

Thanks.  I've got others.

Ben Karlin