wiksign, a collaborativ french sign language dictionnary

Kathy H. kaylynnkathy at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 11 17:40:32 UTC 2008

Since we're talking about wikipedia-type of sites, we as individuals, as well as us as collective researchers (including students), are the ones to add information.

There's no need for any person or institution to assume responsibility for adding notations to all the signs.  That's what we as individuals do, to our heart's content (or in those few minutes between classes and meetings).  Or a student could work on it as a project, or it could be a class project, to work on notating a portion of the signs.

Also, if there is way to be able to use a variety of notation systems, then "everyone" would be happy.

Verbal descriptions are still important.  For the hearing French mother who wants to know how to make a sign in order to communicate with her deaf child, the French description can be important.

Can verbal descriptions also be included in various languages?  (done by us as a global community, not by the original institution)

Kathy H.