motion capture system

Robin Thompson robin.thompson at ucl.ac.uk
Tue May 6 11:56:56 UTC 2008

Hi!
Has anyone used (or have knowledge of) a motion capture system for
sign language research?  I am sourcing a system that could be used
for many different purposes (some not yet defined :)- but some
possible examples for use would be: as a way to capture and
manipulate signs for motion perception stimuli, or to use with on-
line signing combined with eye tracking to explore the relationship
between gaze and gesture/sign. If you have/have worked with a motion
capture system and are willing to share the good and the bad with me
I would really appreciate it!  Perhaps you could email me directly
and I can provide a summary to the group for those interested.
Best,
Robin

Robin Thompson, Ph.D.
Research Fellow
Deafness, Cognition and Language Research Centre (DCAL)
University College London
49 Gordon Square, London, WC1H 0PD
Web: www.dcal.ucl.ac.uk
robin.thompson at ucl.ac.uk