Question about two books being one... or two?

Sandrine Schwartz sandrine.schwartz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 14:20:15 UTC 2008

Hello...

I plan to buy one of Ceil Lucas' books (Sociolinguistics in Deaf
Communities, 1995), but when browsing on Amazon to find this reference, I
came with another result, by the same author, with a rather similar title:
Sociolinguistics of the Deaf Community, 1989.

Before sending this email to this list, I tried to retrieve any tracks of
Lucas' books in Paris libraries, and I failed except for one book that I
already have on my shelves. I also tried to find the solution to my dilemma
on internet, and on Gallaudet University Press website: no clue to help
me...

So... My question is: are those two books the same (1995 being a reprint of
1989), are they similar (reprint, but with added chapters, if yes, to what
extent?) or are they two totally different books?

Thanks in advance for the reply!

Best regards

Sandrine Schwartz, PhD candidate in Linguistics, Paris 8 University.