Sign languages taught in primary/elementary & secondary/high schools?

Siglinde Pape siglinde.pape at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 1 08:37:03 UTC 2011

since 2008 France's national secondary-school diploma (baccalauréat)
includes LSF as an optional language for anyone (Deaf, CODA, hearing...).
(the pilot project even started in 2006/2007.) it was attended by 188 people
the first year.
in 2009 it was extended to technical baccalaureat (504 inscriptions
altogether).
in 2010 it was extended to professional baccalaureat (717 inscriptions
altogether).
the demand is increasing even too quickly for the number of qualified
examiners, so it's a hurry when it comes to take the exams!

if your colleague reads French and if she is interested by it, I can send
her the official law texts setting up these exams.