SLLING-L Digest - 7 Aug 2011 to 8 Aug 2011 (#2011-71)

fernando capovilla fcapovilla3 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 9 16:25:01 UTC 2011

Hello.
I want to stay connected.
Thank you.
Fernando Capovilla

2011/8/9 SLLING-L automatic digest system <
LISTSERV at listserv.valenciacollege.edu>

--
Fernando C. Capovilla, PhD
Professor Associado, Instituto de Psicologia, USP
email: fcapovilla3 at gmail.com
site: http://www.ip.usp.br/lance/index.html
 Veja nossos novos livros (sobre linguagem oral, escrita e de sinais), e
baixe alguns, de: http://www.ip.usp.br/lance/livros.html
Baixe artigos (sobre linguagem oral, escrita e de sinais) de:
http://www.ip.usp.br/lance/artigos.html
Baixe capítulos (sobre linguagem oral, escrita e de sinais) de:
http://www.ip.usp.br/lance/capitulos.html
Assista à entrevista concedida à TV Cultura sobre dislexia:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL8DLAGG-Pg
Leia a entrevista concedida ao jornal O Estado de São Paulo:
http://www.estadao.com.br/noticias/impresso,o-surdo-deve-ser-educado-no-idioma-materno-e-por-meio-dele,737415,0.htm
e em
http://www.estadao.com.br/noticias/impresso,inclusao-de-surdos-esbarra-na-linguagem,737414,0.htm
Veja citação no Wikipedia pelo trabalho com lexicografia da Língua de Sinais
Brasileira (Libras):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Sign_Language
Veja citação no Wikipedia pelo trabalho com escrita de sinais de Libras em
SignWriting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SignWriting

*"I have always felt as I pass from the turmoil of urban streets through the
gates and onto the campus of an institution of higher learning, anywhere in
the world, a sense of relief and comfort, solemnity and freedom. The feeling
is not unlike that when one enters a national park, for this is what
colleges and universities are -- they are sanctuaries, preserves -- of
civilization. They are the only institution in the course of human endeavor
whose sole purpose and mission is to know the course, content, and
directions of civilization, to understand, preserve protect, and transmit
these findings, and to seek further advances and new insights into the truth
of ourselves and the world...[The] environment should...assure exposure to
all the necessary skills and the best ideas and conceptual frameworks of the
time, and provide stimulation from an active, well-read thoughtful,
positive, innovative, and open faculty, all in an atmosphere of freedom and
tolerance. Like libraries that have to have all the books to make sure they
have the one somebody needs, we have to have the freedom at universities to
tolerate and encourage all sorts of individual diversity, both in faculty
and students, so that we can be sure that the best mind gets the exposure to
the best cognitive resource which might enable that one-in-a-million new
idea that can change the course of a discipline, or civilization." *
*(Peter Coney, distinguished University of Arizona professor, now deceased,
who understood what was required of a university to nurture growth and
discovery) http://www.geo.arizona.edu/web/DavisG/present-11.html*