University teachers of sign language - defining qualifications????

Rannveig Sverrisdóttir rannsve at HI.IS
Mon May 9 13:44:07 UTC 2011

Dear all

At the University of Iceland we are redefining qualifications for teachers
of sign language courses (on BA level).  I was wondering if anyone had such
definitons for other sign languages and could send me? Or if somebody is
willing to discuss this on e-mail?

Our problem is that we don‘t have anyone qualified that has taken Sign
Language as a subject (reasons: it is a young subject here + it is meant for
hearing peopel with no knowledge of sign language). We are therefore
wondering what kind of education wold be the best.

Best regards,

Rannveig

Rannveig Sverrisdóttir

Lektor í táknmálsfræði

Íslensku- og menningardeild

Hugvísindasvið

Háskóli Íslands

Aðalbygging, 329

Sími: 525-4567

Netfang: rannsve at hi.is

Rannveig Sverrisdóttir

Assistant Professor in Sign Language Linguistics

Faculty of Icelandic and Comparative Cultural Studies

School of Humanities

University of Iceland

Main Building, 329

Tel. +354-5254567