SW-HamNoSys

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 4 07:35:41 UTC 2012

Hoi,
It is not about differences in orthography. It is about transcription from
one script to another. When it is not possible to transcribe to Hamnosys
without the variance you describe, you effectively remove much of the value
of Hamnosys for scientific purposes.

Consider, SignWriting is more precise and we are considering the same sign
with meanings different in multiple sign languages. The notion of phonology
is consequently a non-issue. My understanding of Hamnosys is that it is
only used by science..
Thanks,
      Gerard