Sign Language Corpora Survey_ update june 2012

Fri Jul 13 20:08:56 UTC 2012

Dear Reiner,
Many thanks for providing the page updates. I have entered the Survey of Corpus Work in the LDC's Language Resource Wiki of under-resourced languages (http://lrwiki.ldc.upenn.edu/mediawiki/index.php/Sign_Languages#Corpus_Work), including the link to the German page.

I notice that for many of your English pages, the "Deutsch" link simply goes to your home page, not to the corresponding German page. It seems to me that a direct sister-page link would be more useful. How do other SLLING-L-ers feel about it? FWIW, that might be easier to do if the pages had links, possibly aliases, from directories with /de/ and /en/ in the pathname but otherwise identical names. Right now
  http://www.sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de/dgs-korpus/index.php/
includes
sl-corpora.html (English)
gs-korpora.html (German)
How about adding
  http://www.sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de/dgs-korpus/index.php/
en
sl-corpora.html (English)
gs-korpora.html (in this directory, also English)*
de
gs-korpora.html (German)
sl-corpora.html (in this directory, also German)*
or some subset thereof, with appropriate links? If the links were present from the sister pages, the asterisked copies would be unnecessary.

--Mark

Mark A. Mandel, Ph.D.
Research Administrator
Linguistic Data Consortium
University of Pennsylvania, Suite 810, Rm. 103
Philadelphia, PA, 19104-2653, USA
ph:  (1)-215-573-5615
fax: (1)-215-573-2175