Hooked "L"

Tue Jul 15 16:38:26 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
July 15, 2003

Smile... I have to tell you, Ingvild, that your questions are on my
mind now, about the use of thumb lines in SignWriting - We have needed
a good long lesson on that for years...that explains, for better or for
worse, my logic behind the construction of symbols...then the
discussion will have more importance because once you see everything
laid out before you, we all can make better decisions...there are sooo
many handshapes used around the world, that in time we may be forced to
create sub-sets specficially for each Sign Language...

Sorry I am always running from one project to the next...but I will try
to get to this and I look forward to it, so that long-time writers,
such as yourself, do not feel confused, if a handshape in one country,
seems to be different than ones you use...

Val ;-)