[sw-l] challenge for programmers - SSS-ID mapping onto Unicode

Thu Jun 23 15:45:51 UTC 2005

> On Jun 22, 2005, at 4:33 PM, Tomas Klapka wrote:
> I like this discussion, it is very interesting.
>
> If I say "IMWA finished" I don't mean the IMWA finished finished :)
> I think it could be mapped onto Unicode before it is "finished"
> because the
> term "finished" is very relative.
> If I understand it well, IMWA is meaned to be an alphabet for all
> possible
> movements. It will take ages to finish it.
> I agree that we can take some "stable" part of the IMWA and it can
> be mapped
> onto it.
> There can be white spaces, which can be mapped later it is called
> "reserved".
>
> Well, I think it is possible to map the IMWA onto Unicode soon and
> it could be
> the part of IMWA which is stable and it is supposed to be never
> changed.

---------------------

Tomas - Thanks for this interesting discussion and I agree with you,
about the above...

Essentially, inside the IMWA exists two very clear subsets...

International SignWriting Alphabet
and the
International DanceWriting Alphabet

There are also some SportsWriting that includes some weird props,
like the Balance Beam is written in gymnastics etc...but that could
go under the DanceWriting category...the DanceWriting category is
really "everything else that SignWriting does not use regarding
FullBody writing"...so in a way it represents the generic movement
writing section, versus the SignWriting...

FullBody is a term in Sutton Movement Writing referring to writing
the full stick figure, with legs and feet etc...and all the symbols
that are used to show the FullBody turning, jumping, lying on the
floor, etc...