[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] question

Austin Hale austin_hale at sall.com
Tue Jul 25 08:13:46 UTC 2017

Dear Eitan,

Regarding Newar, here are some books I refer to daily, sometimes even
many times a day in my efforts to check and edit some Newar texts that
are being prepared for publication:

    Kölver, Ulrike and Iswarananda Shresthacarya. (with the assistance
    of Daya Ratna Sakya and Nirmal Man Tuladhar) 1994. /*A Dictionary of
    Contemporary
    Newari, */Newari - English/**/[Nepalica; 8, Herausgegeben von
    Bernhard Kölver und         Siegfried Lienhard], Bonn, VGH
    Wissenschaftsverlag,  ISBN 3-88280-049-6, pp. xx, 341.

    Manandhar, Thakur Lal. 1986. /*Newari-English Dictionary, */Modern
    Language of Kathmandu Valley, [Ed. Dr. Anne Vergati], Delhi, Agam
    Kala Prakashan, 34 Central Market, Ashok Vihar, Delhi-110052, pp.
    xlix, 284.

    Tuladhar, Kamal. 2003. /*English - Nepal Bhasa Dictionary.
    */Published by J. R. Tuladhar, Kathmandu, pp.444.

For a more extensive listing of important items, see Austin Hale & Kedar
P. Shrestha, 2006. /*Newar (Nepal Bhasa) */[Languages of the
World/Materials 256]/**/pp. 233-247, LINCOM Gmbh, Gmunder Str. 35,
D-81379, Muenchen //
LINCOM.EUROPA at t-online.de
http://home.t-online.de/home/LINCOM.EUROPA
www.lincom-europa.com

Hope this helps,

Cordially,

Austin Hale

On 24.07.2017 07:05, Eitan Grossman wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Does anyone know who might know something about Tedim/Tiddim Chin,
> Jinghpaw, Meche/Mech, or Newar?
>
> I would like to verify some small data sets in these languages, and
> would be grateful for any help. Dictionaries of any of these languages
> would also be terrific.
>
> Best wishes,
> Eitan

---