(Fwd) Website to practice foreign language vocabulary.

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Mon Feb 18 18:08:58 UTC 2002

Dear Uralists,

forwarded from the LCTL list (see below), first announcement of an interesting website. Why not start creating FU language drill lists? (Just tried it myself. Remembering my depressing school days in the dismal behaviourist atmosphere of the 1970s - remember the English textbook with those revolting words on the back cover: "The vocabulary is compact and continuously repeated" ? - I thought I would hate learning words through drill, but the first time at least was fun!)

(And then, the obligatory killjoy question that somebody, sooner or later, will ask Jeff Burton: Who is going to supervise the quality of the word lists provided?)

Best,
Johanna
johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at