PhD funding opportunity in Freiburg

Michael Rießler michael.riessler at skandinavistik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Nov 13 18:20:40 UTC 2013

Dear all,

there will be a 3-year PhD scholarship available at the Hermann-Paul School of Linguistics (http://www.hpsl-linguistics.org) starting in February 2014. Application deadline is December 16. A description is available (in German) at: http://www.hpsl-linguistics.org/1004

The dissertation topic should be something in corpus-based empirical linguistics; topics concerning methodological aspects of corpus linguistics will be given special preference.

I am writing to this list because a PhD project in connection with the Freiburg Research Group in Saami Studies (http://www.skandinavistik.uni-freiburg.de/research/saami/), working for instance with our existing corpora for Pite, Skolt, Akkala, Kildin and Ter Saami, would be possible to apply for. Since our group is also collaborating in a project to document endangered diaspora varieties of Izhva-Komi working with Komi data or even the building of new corpora for other Barents languages would also be possible.

Interested candidates can contact me directly for more information on Freiburg and the scholarship.

Best,
Michael Rießler

-

Dr. Michael Rießler
Skandinavisches Seminar
Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
Platz der Universität 3
79098 Freiburg

www.skandinavistik.uni-freiburg.de/institut/mitarbeiter/riessler/
michael.riessler at skandinavistik.uni-freiburg.de
49+(0)761 203-3300

-

Freiburger Arbeitsgruppe zur Saamischen Forschung
http://www.skandinavistik.uni-freiburg.de/forschung/saami/