question about Kodava

John Peterson jpeterso at UNI-OSNABRUECK.DE
Sun Dec 17 13:44:11 UTC 2006

The following response is being forwarded on behalf of the author of the
grammar in question, Karen Ebert.

John

KoDava is the name used by the speakers themselves; KoDagu is the Kannada
name. I don't remember where I found the number 70.000.
The booklet was the result of a field-method seminar in Zürich over 10 years
ago and a very short episode in my academic life; it is not meant to be THE
description of KoDava. I am not a Dravidianist and I am certainly not going
to be one.
Apart from that: it's all in the "introductory remarks".
Karen Ebert

John Peterson
FB 7, Sprachwissenschaft
Universität Osnabrück