Dorothyl request for help

Dan Goodman dsgood at VISI.COM
Wed Sep 8 05:32:38 UTC 1999

Below are two recipes for smores (more properly, s'mores), which
should explain what they are.  Figuring out the proper Japanese
cultural item to substitute is a task I don't envy you.

If you don't get answers to both other questions, I recommend asking
on the American Dialect Society list; ADS-L at listserv.uga.edu.

Official Hershey's.
S'mores Recipe: Place half of a Hershey's. Milk Chocolate bar onto a
graham cracker half. carefully toast a marshmallow over a grill or
campfire (supervise the kids if they are doing this part of the
recipe).  After the marshmallow is toasted, place it on top of the
chocolate bar half.  Top it with a second cracker half and gently
press it together.  Enjoy!

David & Judy's S'more
Perfection Recipe

September, 1998,
[7]Rock Bay Camps
Bonfire Area:

A slight variation to the official Hershey's. Recipe above.  First get
that bonfire going!

The "Marshmallow" connoisseur needs: A shovel, preferably with a large
handle.  A short stick with some body to it, and a sharp knife. Shape
the stick into a sharp pointed object about 6 inches long.  With the
shovel reach into the glowing embers and get a shovel full-place
shovel on a rock or ledge-away from people. Proceed to place 4
marshmallows on the stick. Place the stick of marshmallows about 4
inches from the embers and blow gently on the embers while turning the
marshmallow stick.  Continue this process until the marshmallows
become golden brown.  While the Marshmallow connoisseur is preparing
the marshmallows...

The "Chocolate" connoisseur prepares the chocolate and graham
crackers.  Get a flat piece of wood.  Place 2 halves of grahams on the
wood with one fourth of a Hershey's. Milk Chocolate bar on each. Place
the wood near the bonfire, close enough to melt the chocolate.  As
soon as the chocolate is slightly melted, and marshmallows a golden
brown, combine each with a second graham on top.

Dan Goodman
dsgood at visi.com
http://www.visi.com/~dsgood/index.html
Whatever you wish for me, may you have twice as much.