nananana

Mike Salovesh t20mxs1 at CORN.CSO.NIU.EDU
Thu Apr 13 10:20:38 UTC 2000

Bob Fitzke wrote:

> Mike Salovesh wrote:
> >

> > Not that I would care.  I've been a died in the wool Chicago Cubs fan
> > ever since the days, back in the 30s, when we lived in the same
> > neighborhood as Gabby Hartnett. He even gave neighborhood kids passes to
> > Wrigley Field.
> >
> Mike I enjoy your posts a bunch...but "died in the wool"?
>
> Is that Freudian for "perpetually dead by the 4th of July"?

Nah.  In fact, nahnahnahnah.

It's about an old Wrigley Field tradition: you expect it to snow on the
day of the first Cubs home game.  (As it did, this year.)  Season hopes
for the Cubs usually die while they're still wearing their winter
underwear.

Not that my spellcheck would know the difference.  (It does tell me that
it doesn't accept the spelling "spellcheck", but what does a dumb
program know?)

-- mike salovesh   <salovesh at niu.edu>    PEACE !!!

P.S.:  There are two educational benefits to being a Cubs fan.
First, it teaches you the triumph of hope in the face of adversity.
Second, it teaches you that if you can't win the game you can at least
learn to make the best excuses.