summer project-DARE pairs

Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Wed Jun 28 11:56:37 UTC 2000

"Aaron E. Drews" <aaron at LING.ED.AC.UK> writes:

}Dale Coye writes:
}>>>>>
}    [...]     Changes are evident in some words
}(the increasing use of 'try and' vs. 'try to',  of the /ai/ pronunciation of
}either at the expense of /i:/ are particularly dramatic.
}<<<<<
}
}Would you clarify that last one? I have a hard time accepting "try" as
}homophonous with "tree".

Perhaps that should read :
>>>of the /ai/ pronunciation of "either" <<<

<<<<<

Ah HA! Thank you. (Daybreak over Marblehead...)

Interesting, here, that I find myself using /ai/ more and more in "either" and
"neither" (especially in songs I write), which I used to scorn.

-- Mark