Poor Boys

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Mar 21 05:37:26 UTC 2000

Ooh, the muffaletta.  It's no po' boy, for sure.  I shared one at Mardi Gras
last year, and I'm pretty certain I might have seen God afterwards.  Or it
might have been Bacchus.  Or maybe it was just a fat guy in a toga.  Anyhow,
the muffaletta was indeed unlike any sandwich I'd ever had before.  It's the
olive relish/salad/spread that makes it, although the round bread is
certainly an important esthetic consideration.  Ummm, now I'm hungry, and
there's no muffaletta cure atall in Greensboro.  D'oh!