New York City and State

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Wed Apr 11 20:16:41 UTC 2001

Certainly a personal attestation counts.  My mother's experience, which I
recounted in my original message, was just such an attestation.  All I mean
is that I doubt people in Queens or Brooklyn are thinking "New York County"
but just happen to leave off the "County" when they refer to Manhattan as
"New York."

Peter Mc.

--On Wednesday, April 11, 2001 2:28 PM -0500 Mark Odegard