Reverse Discrimination (1964)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Apr 12 00:42:33 UTC 2001

   OED has 1969 for "reverse discrimination."
   From the NEW YORK HERALD TRIBUNE, 8 April 1964, pg. 1, col. 2:

_The College Panic--3d in Series_
_Ivy League "Reverse Discrimination"_
(...)  For there is a kind of "reverse discrimination" operating (COl. 3--ed.) in the nation's colleges this year.  No one likes to use that phrase, but as one admissions director from a highly selective college, who prefers anonymity, describes the new situation...

(OFF TOPIC:  I was kidding about that $441 charge for my tourist visas.  That didn't include eight passport photos, plus Tajikstan.  It's more like $500-$600.  The U.S. doesn't charge this.  It's reverse discrimination--B.P.)